Be Alert for Email Scams
January 7, 2014
Scammers look for any opportunity to trick you into providing account information and the Target data breach is no exception. Do NOT click on links or reply to email, text or pop-up messages that ask for your personal or financial information...even if the email appears to be from Target or another organization you trust. Valley First Credit Union and other legitimate businesses DO NOT ask for sensitive information through insecure channels.
Target Data BreachDecember 20, 2013
Target recently announced that customers who used their credit and debit cards between November 27 and December 15 to make purchases may have been affected by a data breach.
Target Data Breach Press Release
Your card and account security is our top priority and we'll continue to monitor all member accounts. At this time, you can continue to use your Valley First credit or debit card.
Valley First always works to protect our members and we're taking every step to ensure the security of your account and financial information. Please continue to monitor your account through this investigation.
|Here's how we work to protect you:
||Recommendations to protect your account:
- We use sophisticated fraud monitoring systems to detect and block fraudulent activity on all member accounts.
- Every Valley First card features Zero Liability Protection, ensuring you won't be liable for any fraudulent transactions when you notify us in a timely manner.
- If your card is identified as compromised, you will be notified and a new card will be issued promptly.
If you suspect your Valley First credit or debit card has been compromised, contact the credit union.
After-hours? You may deactivate your debit card by calling the following numbers:
After-hours, out of country: (909) 941-1398
After-hours, within the country: (888) 241-2510
- Monitor your account regularly through Online, Mobile, and Text Banking. Report suspicious activity right away.
- Visa credit cards can be monitored with EZCard Info, accessed within Online Banking. The 24-hour Visa Cardholder Support number is (800) 477-0227.
- Set up transaction alerts using eAlerts1, accessed within Online Banking. eAlerts will notify you by email or text when transactions occur on your account.
- If you used your Target REDcard and suspect fraudulent activity, you will need to contact Target directly at 866-852-8680. Regularly monitor your linked account and report any suspicious activity immediately.