Become a Member
As a member of Valley First Credit Union, you'll have access to a full range of financial services and benefits designed to help you save money while managing daily finances and reaching your long-term goals.
You are eligible for membership with Valley First Credit Union if you:
How to become a Member
- Live, regularly work, regularly worship, or attend school in Calaveras, Fresno, Kings, Madera, Mariposa, Merced, San Joaquin, Stanislaus, Tulare or Tuolumne County
- Are employed with an employer group specifically listed in the credit union's field of membership Select Employer Group (SEG) list.
- Are a family member to a Valley First Credit Union member. This includes grandparents, grandchildren, parents, spouses, children (natural, foster or adopted) brothers, and sisters.
- Complete a Membership Application.
- It is not necessary to list Joint Owners of your account as beneficiaries.
- Please read the Account Agreement and Membership Application disclosure regarding your account. Primary Owner sign on the bold "X" and Joint Owner(s) sign on the bold "O".
- Establish your savings account at any Valley First Branch with an Initial Deposit of $25 plus a one-time Membership Fee of $1, for a total of $26. Checks payable to Valley First Credit Union.
- Provide a clear copy of a current Driver's License/ID of everyone signing on the account/Membership Application.
- Deliver the Membership Application, Initial Deposit plus Membership Fee and ID copy(s) to any Valley First Credit Union Branch, or mail to the following address:
Valley First Credit Union
P.O. Box 1411
Modesto, CA 95353-1411
Find a branch near you
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.