An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it any way. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to another account or a line of credit, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask Member Service about these plans.
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you an Overdraft fee of $25.00 each time we pay an overdraft.
- There is a limit of seven (7) per day on the total fees we will charge you for overdrawing your account.
|The Standard Overdraft Practices that Come with Your Account:||If you choose to Opt in for Overdraft Privilege:
|We will authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
||We will authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
|We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we will not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.|
How to Opt in for Overdraft Privilege
If you want Valley First to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions,
you can opt in by:
- Home Banking - Log in and select "Overdraft Privilege" from the Home Banking menu
- Opt In Form - Download, complete, and mail form to:
Valley First Credit Union
PO Box 1411
Modesto CA 95353-1411
- Branch - Visit any Valley First Branch and speak to a Member Service Specialist
- Phone - Call Member Service at (209) 549-8500 or (877) 549-4567